Thursday 31 January 2008

Artibus, legibus, consiliis

 

I have been going through some of my old photographic slides lately and scanning in a few. I have many, many thousands and I just don’t know what to do with them all. I suspect that after I’ve got tired of scanning I’ll just lump them all back in the loft again.


In the meantime I came across a couple which show the side of St George’s Hall in Liverpool. One of the more useless pieces of information I came across many years ago was that the A of Artibus in the inscription had been incised the wrong way round. The deep incision should have been on the right hand side as it is with the letter u (v). I wonder what happened to the poor stonemason who buggered that up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive