Tuesday 14 October 2008

Dao Hai Phong


I enjoy StumbleUpon and the fact that it often leads me to ‘new’ artists. New to me , that is. Dao Hai Phong was born in Hanoi in 1965 and graduated from the Hanoi College of Fine Art in 1987. Village scenes and depictions of Vietnamese streets using very bright colours are characteristic of his work. The application of the signature strong colours to his paintings draws the viewer's attention to the key elements of the paintings and underscores their structural simplicity. Phong has participated in various art shows around the world. For more of his work see the website.

I could happily live with this on my wall.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive