Saturday 15 November 2008

Gatorade



According to an American site I came across “Drinking two glasses of Gatorade can relieve headache pain almost immediately -- without the unpleasant side effects caused by traditional pain relievers.” My immediate reaction was that Gatorade sounded like an organization to conserve the ecosystem of Florida. My second reaction was that whatever Gatorade might be it probably wasn’t available on this side of the pond. I was wrong. It is.


Gatorade, one of the world’s leading sports drinks, was launched in the UK in January 2006. It is available in 500ml sports-capped bottles and multipacks (500ml x 4) in orange and lemon flavours. Gatorade has been scientifically formulated and proven to quench thirst by replacing the fluids, minerals, carbohydrates and electrolytes, lost through exercise.


Gatorade is advertised as free from artificial colours (they obviously don’t sell the blue one in the UK! Or perhaps they do - see Smarties.), flavours, sweeteners and preservatives. The brand is manufactured by the Quaker Oats Company, now a division of PepsiCo.

Might be worth putting a bottle in the fridge....
 

1 comment:

  1. I suspect it depends what caused the headache in the first place. But I'll still put some in the fridge if I ever see it. N Z being such a sporty place it may well be available here.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive