Friday 14 November 2008

The 'new' Mobira


It was May 1988 and one of my roles was Emergency Planning Officer for Knowsley. I got a new, smaller mobile phone. It was only about ten inches tall (plus a few more inches for the aerial, of course). It weighed about half a ton but you could, at a pinch, carry it in a pocket (provided you weren’t too fussy about your suit looking like something a Mafia boss had worn). There was, in addition, a spare battery to be carried about if you wanted to use it for any seriously long conversation. And the charger needed to be toted about in case both batteries went... A bit different from 2008 when I have to make sure I get a ‘big’ phone so that my fingers can actually manage the keys...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive