Sunday 23 November 2008

Radio City Tower

Having received a very pleasant and complimentary e-mail from Neil Prendergast about putting photos of Liverpool on my blog I thought I’d better make the effort and put a few more on. This series is of the tower being built as a part of the St John’s Precinct project in the early 1960s.

The Radio City Tower was completed in 1965. Originally it housed a rotating restaurant, but this soon went out of business. It was then vacant until 1990 when a local radio station, Radio City, took over the tower. It is now open to the public at specified times as an observation platform.

For those who wish to see more of my Liverpool photos there are some hidden away among the postings on my Memories are Made of This Blog.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive