Monday 10 November 2008

Toothpicks

Brian and I went for a Chinese meal in Heswall last week. Most enjoyable. Brian is an excellent conversationalist and I miss the opportunity to see him more. When we worked together we saw each other daily and there was nothing I enjoyed more in work than bouncing ideas back and forth with him.

One of the things I enjoyed about the meal – Banquet B as always – was to find that the toothpicks came in wrappers which were not covered in health warnings. Nowadays one expects so much molly-coddling and safeguarding against legal claims that instead of this:-


I would not have been at all surprised to find this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive