Thursday 29 January 2009

Thanks for the Memories

Don recently blogged about “ten inspirational songs that have inspired me to hope, positivity, and perseverance”. I’m not sure I could find 10 songs that did that but I thought it was a good excuse to list some songs that have considerable significance for me. I had intended originally to do a short list and explain why they were significant but I had a feeling that would be a bit boring. Instead I have simply gone for a longer list and perhaps the titles will jog a memory in you.

“One Day at A Time, Sweet Jesus” - Cristy Lane
“You’ll Never Walk Alone” – Gerry and the Pacemakers
“Moon River” – Danny Williams
“Whatever will be, will be (Que sera sera)” – Doris Day
“Memories are Made of This” – Dean Martin
“I Believe” – The Bachelors
“How Much is that Doggie in the window” – Lita Roza
“What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For” - Emile Ford & The Checkmates
“Peggy Sue” – Buddy Holly
“King of the Road” – Roger Miller
“Wandering Star” – Lee Marvin
“Sunny Afternoon” – Kinks
“Young Girl” – Union Gap featuring Gary Puckett
“What a Wonderful World” – Louis Armstrong
“Those Were the Days” – Mary Hopkin
“Where do you go to, My Lovely” – Peter Sarstedt
“Je T'Aime... Moi Non Plus” - Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg
“I'll Never Fall In Love Again” - Bobbie Gentry
“Sugar Sugar” - The Archies
“Bridge Over Troubled Water” - Simon & Garfunkel
“Pretty Flamingo” – Manfred Mann
“I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)” - New Seekers
“Suicide Is Painless (Theme from M*A*S*H)” - Mash
“Amazing Grace “ – Judy Collins

I suppose the fact that there is nothing more recent than about 30 years ago says as much about me as any comments could!

3 comments:

  1. You know what...I agree with this list wholeheartedly! Very wonderful choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd bet you would guess that there a few of your favorite's...that are also mine.

    Quite a few...I even have them on my MP3 list. Maybe I should share some of mine...you might even know some that you don't have here.

    I'll do that tomorrow...for now, I must get these little rascals to bed for the night.

    Here's one that my mom would sing to me...a very important one for my life as a child and mom...

    "I Love" by Tom T. Hall

    Smiles and ♥,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Songs of considerable significance." I like that.

    I had downloaded "Que sera, que sera." I don't know how that song missed my list. Doris Day movies contributed to my rose-colored worldview. Back in the day movies had happy endings. They inspired hope. What a concept!

    (Perhaps Disney now carries that torch.)

    Don

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive