Sunday 1 March 2009

Things I Don't Understand

There are a lot of things I don't understand. In fact I could probably set up a whole new blog about them. The latest one that is intriguing me relates to this Blog itself.

While I am on the computer I keep the Rambles blog open and renew the page every few minutes. In theory the 'More Blogs to See' should show me which postings I haven't seen by displaying new ones at the top of the list. But some postings pop up as having been posted six, seven or even nineteen hours ago. Because they never come near the top of the list I miss the postings.

Then, sometimes the posting updates disappear completely so that I am simply left with a list of blog titles. When this happens and I click on the blog title I simply get a feed not a proper showing of the blog.

Anyone know why these things happen??? (Answers like Karma, Sod's Law and Only the God of Computers Knows will not be acceptable!)

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could help, but I'm experiencing some of the same type of problems and I don't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it to do with the time zones that people post in. The times I get are all a bit crazy but then I live 13 hours behind you anyway. I'm not sure whether all Google postings are at a uniform time 'cos I've never checked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go to your blog settings it gives you options as to which time zone to post in but I wouldn't have thought that would have affected it since surely it is the time it is acually posted onto the web that counts. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive