Sunday 6 September 2009

Award For Photographic Excellence



Each Sunday I give an award to one of my favourite blogging photographers. The award is is no particular order so please don't feel left out if others precede you!

The recipient is welcome to display the award on their blog but is equally welcome not to do so. There is no passing on or writing deep secrets necessary. It is simply an acknowledgement from me of how much I have appreciated the person’s photographs.

Today's Photographic Excellence Award goes to
Willteri from Finland .

Willteri does a wonderful job of showing how photogenic a country Finland is, especially during the winter. I just wish I could understand Finnish so I could read the descriptions but perhaps it is an added tribute that the photos nearly always speak for themselves. I have picked as one of my favourite photos this one from this one from January.

Indeed the whole of January (tammikuu) 2009 is one wonderful photo after another.


 

7 comments:

  1. If I were a father I would claim that as my Father's Day gift but as I'm not I'll just take is as a Sunday surprise - makes sense to me! I would never have found that blog by myself and, boy, was it worth finding!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been to look at the blog in question, and the award is well deserved.

    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scriptor Senex!
    I want you to know that this award is an honour to me and i really appreciate it. Thank you, you made my day! I`m really sorry that my english is not good enough to write phototexts in english...Maybe someday.. ;) And thanks to Pauline and Granny on the Web for your nice words!
    T.Wiltteri from Finland

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are, indeed, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice, SS! Love those northern climes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choice, Scriptor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful scenes, what a beautiful place! I would recommend the cruise ship from Newcastle to Helsinki (via Stockholm) for anyone wanting a relaxing visit to Finland.

    Can I recommend Son-in-law-who-cooks for a photo award? Especially the panorama shots we are seeing... I feel like I've been on holiday myself!

    http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~mark/blog/labels/panorama.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive