Monday 3 May 2010

A funny old week...

It's been a funny old week. I don't seem to have done much - apart from put a few entries on my Wirral Blog - and yet I'm quite tired. Partner-who-loves-tea had a minor operation on her neck on Thursday and is home and recovering well. Friend-who-loves-otters resigned his job and that will have a major impact on the next eighteen months as he would have had to go out to Australia for much of it. And Brother-who-blogs arrived back home from wintering (or is it summering) in New Zealand.

The sunny spell came to an end during the week but it's now (Sunday) shining again and the conservatory is heating up to its usual 200°C. Along the roadsides a wide variety of blossoms are now out and its heading from Spring to Summer - which is quite strange considering Spring only began a couple of weeks ago.

During the last stormy spell bits of chimney began to drop off so we decided to have it taken down for safety. It's not the chimney through which our lounge fire exits so we can still have an open fire. This chimney had long since had its fireplaces and chimney breasts removed. Indeed, it's hard to know where the original fireplaces were positioned. The roofer has done a brilliant job and after taking the stack down he matched up the old tiles and you would never know there had been a chimney there.

Liverpool FC got knocked out of the Europa Cup this week and then lost to Chelsea on Sunday. This latter was not such a tragedy as it might have been since it improves Chelsea's chances of keeping Manchester United from taking the Championship. There was plenty or motor racing at the weekend ne I've taped it to watch at my leisure.

And that's been my week. I hope yours has been OK.



3 comments:

  1. Motor racing? I presume it was on Sky. I couldn't find any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A week since his resignation and still no reply from the boss! We know he knows because he's told people in Australia. It's a funny old world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear, I am sorry to hear about Ian's job. Not a good time to have to make changes. I do hope everything will be okay.

    And I hope both you and Jo are on the mend as well.

    Take care and God bless, love to all, Canadian Chickadee & English Robin

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive